I came across an interesting app today for your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad. It’s the “Safe Pregnancy and Birth Mobile App” from Hesperian Health Guides. The full details are available here …http://hesperian.org/books-and-resources/safe-pregnancy-and-birth-mobile-app/ … but the description reads as follows…
Hesperian’s comprehensive app on pregnancy and birth contains a wealth of information on:
- how to stay healthy during pregnancy
- how to recognize danger signs during pregnancy, birth, and after birth
- what to do when a danger sign arises
- when to refer a woman to emergency care
- instructions for community health workers with step-by-step explanations such as “How to take blood pressure,” “How to treat someone in shock,” “How to stop bleeding.”
Right now it only works on IOS platform, but they’re working on an Android version apparently.
Originally posted 2012-02-17 11:09:17.